Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well they didn't send me a picture. Does anyone who has a 2.4 engine be willing to send me a picture of there wiring harness setup? I just want to know if they match or not so I can stop wasting my time looking if they don't even match up. Please anyone?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So far I found if you get a TB from the same year they work (plug-n-play) but you NEED a tune.
I have done the throttle body swap. There is no rewiring. The only thing you will need to know is what year the TB is from. 05-06 or 07+
I was told that the 07 and up TB are different. Don't remember the source.

The 2.4 TB makes the car have more of a peak. it moves the powerband to 4kRPMs and up. It pulls like a mad dog though. It reminded me like the change from 2.2 manifold to 2.4 manifold. if you race a lot or drag the car it is for sure worth it. Oh and the throttle response is amazing.

For sure need a tune. Vince at trifecta has tuned quite a few with bigger TB's now so you would be good to go with his tune.
What I also see is that some years have a 6 pin harness (yours) and others have an 8 pin, if the TB you get is 8 then you need a pigtail. My question is, if you have a 6 pin connector where do you pull the extra 2 wires from? lol

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah i know, 05-06 have a mechanical throttle body while 07+ are "fly by wire" so its a wiring harness nothing mechanical, but yeah I think that 2.4 throttle bodies have 8 pins while 2.2s have 6 pins? maybe maybe not idk, and I have no idea how to fit an 8 pin into a 6 pin so yeah,

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So the dealer told me that 2.4 and 2.2 tbs are totally different wire wise. So anyone who has installed a 2.4 throttle body on a 2.2 could you please please explain to me how you matched up the wiring. PLEASE

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
You just hav to get the correct year TB I just bought a 2.4 TB with an 8 pin harness. My car also has an 8 pin harness. I have yet to install it though. I'm waiting on my 2.4 IM and a tune

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the guys at the dealer told me that it was different part, I just wish someone with a 2.4 motor would just post a picture of their tb wire harness

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.