Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it's called to search for it, but when my tires spin engine power is reduced. This is horrible in the winter, and I ind myself pulling out into traffic and my car taking a shit on me. Is there a fuse to pull to turn this feature off? I know it's supposed to help, but with my driving style it doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
stick a rag in the gas tank....... light said rag....... problem solved......

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah having an auto sucks. I just want it to suck less lol
my b&m shiftplus probably doesn't help the spinning o the tires

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Ummmm...... Why?

·
Registered
319 Posts
because its a cobalt..... and thats the best way to fix any problem with one

·
Registered
379 Posts
I believe the "reduced engine power" is the actually the "limp home mode". If the computer detects something that is potentially a catastrophic failure, it will reduce the engine power to prevent any further damage to the engine.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well why? Only performance mods are an intake and b&m shiftplus, nothing that would cause a failure. And the power kicks back on after about ten seconds

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Does it happen to say Low Traction on the dic.

If so the only way to disable the traction control is to put the gear shift in L or have the parking brake on.
The other option is to tap the wire going to the parking brake. Connect the wire to a switch and the other side of the switch to ground.
When the switch is turned on the car will think the brake is on and disable the traction control. Thus allowing the wheels to spin.

If it is saying Engine Power Reduced. Then there is other issues. In that case you likely have a CEL and codes stored in the computer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
you forgot the last step, which is to sprint the **** outta there, btw i LOL'd

Does it happen to say Low Traction on the dic.

If so the only way to disable the traction control is to put the gear shift in L or have the parking brake on.
The other option is to tap the wire going to the parking brake. Connect the wire to a switch and the other side of the switch to ground.
When the switch is turned on the car will think the brake is on and disable the traction control. Thus allowing the wheels to spin.

If it is saying Engine Power Reduced. Then there is other issues. In that case you likely have a CEL and codes stored in the computer.
i like this answer most

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Try putting one click on your Ebrake to see if it still does it. That should turn off your traction control. Remember just one click. If it works then do the wiring thing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
mine is auto, eventho I can drive standard, I prefer auto..if its ur traction control,go see if the dealership can disable it for u...mine is disabled after changing my BCM

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.