Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My fiance just bought me a new 37" LCD flatscreen Toshiba HD 1080p TV. (all those fancy numbers and letters lol)
I have an Xbox 360 that we use to watch netflix on a lot.

Since we got the new TV, after each episode of a show, the TV goes to a black screen that says something like no signal, but the xbox is still running.....?
This never happened with our old 20" TV...

Ive tried googling and couldnt find what I was looking for.

(Xbox is hooked up to HDMI cable)

Id appreciate any help I can get! thanks guys.

·
Registered
446 Posts
My Samsung has a stand-by feature similiar to what your talking about its usually used to conserve energy if it feels its not being used. (Basically idling on the xbox dashboard).

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Samsung has a stand-by feature similiar to what your talking about its usually used to conserve energy if it feels its not being used. (Basically idling on the xbox dashboard).
But my problem is after EACH episode. Like immediately after the show is over....BOOM, it happens

·
Registered
446 Posts
But my problem is after EACH episode. Like immediately after the show is over....BOOM, it happens
That's kinda wierd, I've never heard of a TV doing that before. I'm assuming you've checked all your setting tools, right?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's kinda wierd, I've never heard of a TV doing that before. I'm assuming you've checked all your setting tools, right?
On the Xbox? if so, yes. (at least Im pretty sure I checked the ones that needed to be checked..)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thats weird since the "no signal" screen should only appear when the TV is on the wrong input or source. Not after watching a program. Does your TV have another HDMI port? Try switching ports if it does.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats weird since the "no signal" screen should only appear when the TV is on the wrong input or source. Not after watching a program. Does your TV have another HDMI port? Try switching ports if it does.
Yes, Ive tried this as well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you hit any buttons does it come back on or wil lit stay at "no signal" no matter what you do unless you restart the xbox or tv?

I run my computer and xbox 360 through my lcd tv and sometimes it gets that no signal message, but usually its just a temporary thing where it registers a stop in signal. It might also be looking for a signal from a different port for some reason, but that I coudlnt explain...especially since its new.

·
Registered
446 Posts
On the Xbox? if so, yes. (at least Im pretty sure I checked the ones that needed to be checked..)
Sorry I meant to say the TV settings and tools.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you hit any buttons does it come back on or wil lit stay at "no signal" no matter what you do unless you restart the xbox or tv?

I run my computer and xbox 360 through my lcd tv and sometimes it gets that no signal message, but usually its just a temporary thing where it registers a stop in signal. It might also be looking for a signal from a different port for some reason, but that I coudlnt explain...especially since its new.
When it goes to no signal, I can change the input to a different one, and then change the input back to the original and it works again.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have never heard of this with an xbox... but when i watch shows on my desktop i built, which is hooked up with hdmi adapter cable to my 32 inch hdtv, my screen goes instantly black and to no signal after an episode, but i just move the mouse and it comes back on, like it knows the show is over. I actually like it bc if i fall asleep watching something when its over i know my tv wont be on all night... sounds to me like its the tv giving you problems not the xbox

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey,
The problem is with the Xbox360 not the TV. What your getting is signs that your 360 is most likely going to get the infamous Red Ring of Death more specifically an E74 error. If you dont know about this, the 360 is notorious for overheating and dying requiring you to send it back to microsoft for repair which will be 50 bucks even if your still under warranty and its common to have them take 4-6 weeks to return it.
There are a variety of error codes that cause the red ring of death, the majority of rrods that occur are easy to fix and can be done yourself. Then there are others that have no hope of salvation. There are a ton of sites and videos demonstrating xbox 360 red ring of death repair for anyone who is the DIY type or if you just want to jump on craigslist usually you can find people advertising rrod repair for like 50 bucks and its same day or on the spot. You can most likely get them to mod it for you free while they are in there so you never have to buy games again.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey,
The problem is with the Xbox360 not the TV. What your getting is signs that your 360 is most likely going to get the infamous Red Ring of Death more specifically an E74 error. If you dont know about this, the 360 is notorious for overheating and dying requiring you to send it back to microsoft for repair which will be 50 bucks even if your still under warranty and its common to have them take 4-6 weeks to return it.
There are a variety of error codes that cause the red ring of death, the majority of rrods that occur are easy to fix and can be done yourself. Then there are others that have no hope of salvation. There are a ton of sites and videos demonstrating xbox 360 red ring of death repair for anyone who is the DIY type or if you just want to jump on craigslist usually you can find people advertising rrod repair for like 50 bucks and its same day or on the spot. You can most likely get them to mod it for you free while they are in there so you never have to buy games again.
I do not agree with this. I did some searching on your problem. Try doing a firmware update on the tv. Here is a webpage I found. When you open the page, the print menu might come up. Just hit cancel

TV not getting a signal after Netflix - Xbox Forums

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I'm thinking it's def something to do with the TV or some setting built in to either one of those that makes it do it...
Let me talk to the guys at work and see what they know... (If I remember!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.