Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

XM Unlocked and Working

Tags
prizestuff
3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  tomster 
#1 ·
I wanted to say thanks abunch to Prizestuff for your link-- to unlock my XM reciever. Followed it as instructed, works like a charm. :clap:thanks:thumbup::bigsmile

Here is the link in case you need it. 5 minutes to do it, plug it in, enjoy. I had 2 modules, both now work.

Grand Prixs Of North America • View topic - Remove XM THEFTLOCK From Used XM Modules Yourself.

My car is a base unit 2007 LS 5 speed. Using the power of the web and helpful people like you and others on this site, I have added factory power window, locks, mirrors, heated leather seats with the full leather interior and door panels to match, factory floor mats, lighted rear view mirror, 2 XM modules (in case 1 didn't work), cruise control on the wheel, radio controls on the wheel, matching trim panels, wire harnesses, bcm and radio connectors, the very cool white instrument cluster, G5 shifter cover, center armrest assy, switches, bezels, and more from wrecked cars in the local recycle yards.......all for under $300. Not too bad if I do say so. Also, AutoZone has free schematics and troubleshooting tips on their website. Just register and it's free............payin it forward. That's how it all got done.........sort of helps being an ASE Master Tech but you need drawings to get things wired up, a clear understanding of how thing work, and plenty of elbow grease is a requirement.

Thanks again to all from ground zero just south of Washington DC

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.