1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
148 Posts
After many days of waiting, all the bits I need have finally arrived! I can put in my new stereo Friday! I'm all excited now!

This is the one I got
Amazon.com: JVC KD-R300 30K Color-Illumination Single-DIN CD Receiver with Remote Control and J-Bus Expandability: Electronics

I know it's not amazing, but it was relatively cheap and gets the job done. I'm kind of wanting to paint the frame blue... Any thoughts?
my friend has that stereo, loves it. and i think that would definetly look sweet

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It changes colors! That's half the reason I picked it! I dunno when I'll be able to paint the frame bits, I'm pretty broke right now and we've got no spray paint here. Ah well, it'll have to go onto the list.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
well its not like its hard to take off so time isn't much of an issue. should look good when you get to it

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
^^^ x2. I love the jvc's. let us know how you like it

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting impatient here... I think I may see if I can play the spoiled brat and borrow some money to go buy paint and get this stuff all blue-d up before Friday. Off to go research spray paints... :toung:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got my stereo put in... Fun fun. Just one slight issue. The little blue box thing (gm interface adapter?) that came with the wiring harness is making the dummy ding noises and so is the car. WTF? It sounds like I've got a little squirrel under my dash banging walnuts together. Highly annoying. And the stereo won't work without the blue box.
Anyone have any idea how to make it quit with the walnut noises?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Woo hoo for pictures

Edit- Will borrow mom's camera tomorrow and take better pics... mine's being a brat for some reason lately and taking fuzzy/noisy pics.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks. The funny "walnut" noise is coming from interface adapter, I'd just like to shut it up since the stereo doesn't work without it. I'm just gonna have to find time to pull everything apart again, and go from there. I don't know who's used the expensive wiring for the aftermarket stereos, but it's really kind of confusing.

I had my bf help me, and he ended up doing almost all of it because I couldn't get the trim off, I suck with the spray cans, and he started the wiring without me which was fine I wasn't sure what to do anyway. So I'm not sure if he got something wrong (doubtful) or if that's a just a quirk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.