Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

What do you think of adding a shout box to the home page?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few other forums I'm on have whats known as a shout box on the home page. Its basically a way for members to IM with each other on the home page. Its a really cool way to create better bonds between members and quickly post up useful info.

I think it would be an awesome addition to the forum! Same rules apply to the shout box as the regular forum (no advertising, swearing, etc etc), and its best to keep it generic chat and keep questions in the forum to keep it active and let other view and add to the topic.

YC Staff and members...whats your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Isn't this the same as our random chat threads?

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
So, it's the same thing just a permanent location on the home page. I like the idea, would be great if it could be incorporated into the entire site.

I always use the new posts link and would not see the IM on the home page, but if it was permanently affixed to the right or left side of the website on every page it could be more freely accessable.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Just tag the random chat thread and you will get an email right away when there's activity on the thread.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^Are you refering to the random chat or do we have one of these fancy boxes?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Very bottom of the forum page...

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

If anything, try and change your forum theme to the old 'blue' theme...that's what I use, and the shoutbox is right there!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well what do you know!!!! There it is! Why is it hiding at the bottom, slap that baby on the home page at the top! I'll use it daily

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I like it, but i don't want to switch to the blue theme. Can this be put on the red theme?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
There's a blue? Time to switch! A shoutbox isn't bad for a quick convo, been to a couple of forums with them they work pretty well

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
It's so messy, overhang on so much and the site just looks very Noobish to me. Maybe the five minutes I gave it wasn't enough.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Ok, after testing the blue theme it's not bad. But the shoutbox is not on all the pages and you have to scroll way down for it. I think it would be much more user friendly if A. it was on every page B. in a more friendly location. I used to frequent a different sit like what I am describing. I'll get a screen shot shortly.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Here is the screen shot of the shout box I liked...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.