Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some jack ass drove to pass me on a road that was having YELLOW strips painted. I was about 100 miles from home and it's baked on. How can I remove this crap?

·
Registered
803 Posts
bug and tar remover? or get goo gone and spray it on, let it sit for a couple minutes then elbow grease that stuff away

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That jackass must have been my wife, you should have seen her car when she got home. I used paint thinner on hers then waxed the area. I didn't do inside the wheel wells, she'll have to live with the yellow stripes until road debris wears it out.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That jackass must have been my wife, you should have seen her car when she got home. I used paint thinner on hers then waxed the area. I didn't do inside the wheel wells, she'll have to live with the yellow stripes until road debris wears it out.
:laugh:

But yea paint thinner should work. a while back my brothers car got spray painted and thinner took it right off

·
Registered
563 Posts
paint thinner will dry it out bad

Try a clay bar with spray wax. might work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ins.

Well I've got a $500 deductable. My Ins. company is going to have some outfit come to my home and use there "trade secret" green spray and clay block it, $300. I'd say the green spray, which is bio-friendly will just be a lubricant for the clay. These spots have been baked on for a LONG time. (State Farm) Says this is the first step in there "protocol". I am going to take it to an expert body shop when done and if not pleased I guess I'll have to argue my case for a paint job. :(

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Like a good neighbor State Farm is there - with a $300 bottle of 'green stuff' and clay."
-Proof that the only good neighbors are trees and grass.

Hopefully they can get that shit off of there. That sucks :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey man you can use a clay bar yourself with water and it should take it off. or go to napa and buy final clean or carb and choke cleaner. both of these work.. final clean is paint friendly. carb and choke.... be quick

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
That yellow and white line paint stuff pisses me off hardcore. I've had to deal with it many times detailing cars. Laquer thinner works but it's still a lot of work. Sometimes a pressure washer will take a bunch of it off by putting the sprayer almost parallel to the paint and give it the trigger. uhg all I can say is it pisses me off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.