Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I never posted it up in here so I figured I should keep you all up to date!

I sold my murdered out LT on April 7th, totally parted it out the day before on April 6th. It was a good run I had with her! I bought it when I was 16 years old on March 4, 2009 with 9000 miles on it as a salvage title, and I sold it with 57,000 on it for what I paid for it 3 years ago. Getting your money back out of a car is something that you never hear happen (especially with cobalts and in my case, a salvage title). I cant say I really miss her that much, the new owner loves it so thats all I could ever ask for :bigsmile:

the last picture I have of her!

so that left me car-less, which I wasnt going to let happen for long.. I went straight to a dealer and found exactly what I was looking for and LOCAL TO BOOT! so I really couldnt go wrong. I paid a little more than I had originally wished to but none-the-less I'm happy as hell with the purchase. I ended up writing a check out for it and driving it home on April 9th!

2009 Cobalt SS/TC sedan, Victory red (1 of 36), G85, 41000 miles, Black seats with gray inserts, 25% tint all around w/ strip above windshield, all stock except tinted tails, black front bowtie, and fart cannon by previous owner

first pictures from the lot!

within a week I had it looking like this..

removed the ugly tint, dealership stickers, SS inlays and fart cannon.. replaced the fart cannon with a muffler delete.

half way through the untinting process which took 4 hours! :notrust:

no more fart cannon

and of course I couldnt go without my retrofits (its the little piece of my LT I still have) :love:

so there you have it! I'm just another one of those base model to SS members and I'm loving every minute of it :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Looking good, wish mine was supercharged.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking good, wish mine was supercharged.
yea, it wasnt worth it to supercharge my LT in my eyes.. the turbo is more fun imo anyways haha
nice car. what are you planning to upgrade on your car?
uhm.. well I got a warranty on it until sept 2013 so I'll probably hold off on a majority of the performance things until then.. I need to figure out a winter tire/rim setup and clean up a few more exterior things before I worry about modding it further (not to mention I need to desperately save up some money cuz buying it outright took a hit on my savings haha especially as a college student)

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Liked the lt better. New one is kinda cool but it's 4 door so that kills it for me also the red but it's your car and you like it. All that matters:)

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Liked the lt better. New one is kinda cool but it's 4 door so that kills it for me also the red but it's your car and you like it. All that matters:)
once you go to 4 doors you'll never go back.. and with the same powertrain as any other ss/tc its pretty amazing to have such a rare sleeper :) I'll admit the coupe does have a kind of sporty-ness that the sedan does not, but I'm not really going for that look. Having headroom and interior space is flipping amazing!

I test drove a 2 door silver SS/TC with the exact same options, mileage, etc and it felt so small and cramped inside again like my LT did. with growing up in college and bringing back multiple people the cramped-ness of the 2 door got old. Looking ahead a couple years the 4 door will also be nice if a family decides to develop seeing as I plan on keeping this car a very long time. So I guess it really depends what your goals are for a car.. for me the SS 4 door fit the bill perfectly

and in terms of color, well.. beggers cant be choosers.. this was the only ss/tc sedan for sale in the U.S. at any dealership at the time I bought it. I did not want another black car for reasons every black car owner knows lol.. so red was perfectly fine and its actually growing on me..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.