Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 cobalt lt, and I got to say im no car guy but I would like to get into it, first I would like to replace my deck but have no clue how to remove the stock. any help?

·
Registered
253 Posts
basically just pull on the panels above the glove box and then around the deck.. they're just clips and pop right off.. there's 4 screws holding the stock head unit in.. unscrew those and unclip the stock harness and pull the antenna cable off (need some muscle) and your ready to go!:bigsmile: you might need a wire harness for your new deck though.. crutchfeild sells them.. or a stereo place will =) good luck!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
its simple the hard part will be paying for all the stuff cuz ull need a special harness to make your door chimes and directional noises work

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Honestly, most places only charge about 40 bucks to install a radio for you.. If you don't know how to get it out, either have a friend help you of leave it to the professionals.. I have installed many radio's on many cars, but i still let Innovative car audio install mine. for 40 bucks I think its worth it IMO..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.