Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Cobalt LT
Okay so a bit of background information. The Aux port on my stock head unit isn't working properly anymore. The company I work for has a rewards program where you earn points to spend on stuff in their catalog. They have this head unit available. head unit Not the greatest, but free, and has streaming bluetooth, which my car doesn't have stock.

Now to my question. I know I need a rather expensive wiring harness if I want to keep my chimes and turn signal clicks. The PAC C2R-GM11 seems to be the one I need, and while the catalog has a few PAC parts, this harness isn't on there. That said, I found a different harness that says it will work Harness which is fantastic, but it says I will lose my DIC. I was under the impression that the dic has nothing to do with the Radio. Can anyone confirm this? Will this harness even work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have never done anything like this before. My expertise is computers, and while I'm learning, I still know almost nothing about cars. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
It says "Does not retain drivers information center if equipped " but it also says "Does not retain steering wheel controls" Your DIC controls are on the steering wheel so you would lose your DIC switching capability, that would be a bummer. Do it right get the proper harness and be free of problems.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
First words from his post!?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair enough, I just assumed by steering wheel controls it was only stereo controls, which my vehicle does not have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.