Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is to display the best one-tank mpg of those who drive Cobalts to get max. mpg. No, I don't mean your regular average, but your very best tank.

1. What is the best mpg you ever got in one tank (yeah, in your Cobalt)

2. What did you do "special" that helped you get there?

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

44.3 mpg

For me it has just been getting used to the Cobalt. I bought it not too long ago, and it takes time. This was my last tank before that weather turned cold. I am hoping for better after winter. This tank was 90% hwy on a drive to Nashville and back. All I40 at about 65 mph with drafting

·
Registered
294 Posts
best mpg i ever got was 32mpg on the highway and 27.5 in the city.
had the 5spd manual no cruise control.
what i did to get it was i didn't gun the crap out of it and shifted between 2k and 3k rpms.

·
Registered
318 Posts
34 overall after putting mid-grade fuel in it once, hasn't done that good since. Car is automatic.

I got up to 88mpg once but I coasted about a quarter mile right after resetting the DIC, LOL. My street has a lot of hills at the beginning and I live at the end.

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
455 was the highest fuel range I ever got on a single tank. That was me driving from Indiana pa to Frederick md. It wasn't 455 miles but that iswhat the dic said. I drove 65 no ac drafted when I could and average about 47 mpg on the trip. My single best mpg on. Any trip was 55 from harrisburg to Frederick using extreme hypermiling pics

·
Registered
50 Posts
No wait I was right. This is how he answerd.
Damn 44.3 thats great.

44.3 mpg

For me it has just been getting used to the Cobalt. I bought it not too long ago, and it takes time. This was my last tank before that weather turned cold. I am hoping for better after winter. This tank was 90% hwy on a drive to Nashville and back. All I40 at about 65 mph with drafting

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
When I drove to FL from Pa i got 400 miles on a topped off tank. That was everytime I got fuel. Thats ruffly 33mpg, thats also two adults and a trunk and back seat full of stuff. lol and my subs lol. No fancy driving did about 70 the whole way there, I have a 5sp. took 2 and ahalf tanks to get to Orlando. I was impressed. I had a CAI and Cat back magnaflow stainless exhaust. Coming home I got the same milage and I had my TB polished and ported while there also. I did get on it more coming home to.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My best MPG for a tank of gas was about 38.7.

I have an automatic LS and that was a week that I did nothing but go back and forth between work and home with my car which is 95% highway and interstate driving. It was also with the air off and windows up.

I don't have cruise control so I just keep the display on instant mpg and am light with my foot, etc....... Oh yeah I'm also running mobile one synthetic.

Before the cold weather set in I usually got between 36 and 38 mpg, now that its cold out and I'm warming up my car in the mornings etc I usually get about 32mpg for one tank.

I've had weeks where I probably would have got around 40mphgif we didn't decide to take my cobalt the the grocery store and run around in it. :sad:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
In my cobalt the best tank I've gotten so far was around 310 but the best I've ever gotten was in my 99 chevy cavalier...370 miles in one tank, and I was able to get that for about 3 tanks in a row :D
In my cav I tended to drive like my grandmother but since I got my Cobalt, I've been enjoying the extra HP and AC a little too much :p

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I filled up yesterday with a quarter tank left and I was at 290 mi o_O lol I gotta slow down :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, mine is never over 290. I never even thought it would change, actually. Im going to make it a goal to get it over 300+

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.