Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new reusable drop-in air filter. Wanna see what else is out there besides the K&N. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
K&N is the only one ive seen for the ecotec 4 cylinders for just a drop in. The newer ones they came out with say on the instructions "For first time cleaning with K&N filter charger kit, you must apply 45,000 miles of usage" I was like WTF?

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
What's wrong with the K&N?
Nothing; other than some people tend to over oil them and they end up ruining MAF sensors down the road.

My suggestion is go to your local AutoZone and special order a Spectre high-flow drop-in...they're half the price and work just as good and are washable as well.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Nothing; other than some people tend to over oil them and they end up ruining MAF sensors down the road.

My suggestion is go to your local AutoZone and special order a Spectre high-flow drop-in...they're half the price and work just as good and are washable as well.
Have you seen a benchflow test of spectre's air filters? OEM filters flow more air than spectre, k&n wasn't too much greater than stock except during cruise control (highway speeds). We get to see at school a typical 4 cylinder 2.2 Cavalier engine on a dyno flow, they show us Spectre, K&N drop in, K&N typhoon, OEM, and Injen. K&N showed the best results on typhoon during WOT, K&N drop in showed best in cruise control, OEM did best under idle, Spectre lost all rounds. Our school has K&N as a sponsor so go figure. Injen showed same as stock for flow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.