• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Due to the tie in votes between JDM and NaturalNoobie as well as the questioning of an influx in last minute votes, I looked at the voting carefully. What I discovered was unfortunate. I inspected each member that voted for both JDM and NaturalNoobie. What I found were 5 member accounts that were created on 11/30/09 as well as 12/1/09 prior to the poll closing. What was ironic is that they were all linked to each other by IP address. I know some people share computers so I took that into consideration. The problem I had with the accounts were as followed:

1) They all shared the same IP
2) They all were created the last night of voting
3) They all voted for the same person
4) They all had less than 5 posts

After discussing this with the moderators on the site, I have decided to void the 5 votes that those accounts represented. All 5 of those votes were for NaturalNoobie. The voting is supposed to be fair and I feel these accounts were created for the sole purpose of increasing the votes of one contestant.

Please do not create multiple accounts on the site. Especially if the only purpose is to cheat on a vote. It ruins the contest for everyone.

After voiding the 5 votes from NaturalNoobie it puts him at 19 votes making jdmwannabee the YCOTM winner for November.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Due to the tie in votes between JDM and NaturalNoobie as well as the questioning of an influx in last minute votes, I looked at the voting carefully. What I discovered was unfortunate. I inspected each member that voted for both JDM and NaturalNoobie. What I found were 5 member accounts that were created on 11/30/09 as well as 12/1/09 prior to the poll closing. What was ironic is that they were all linked to each other by IP address. I know some people share computers so I took that into consideration. The problem I had with the accounts were as followed:

1) They all shared the same IP
2) They all were created the last night of voting
3) They all voted for the same person
4) They all had less than 5 posts

After discussing this with the moderators on the site, I have decided to void the 5 votes that those accounts represented. All 5 of those votes were for NaturalNoobie. The voting is supposed to be fair and I feel these accounts were created for the sole purpose of increasing the votes of one contestant.

Please do not create multiple accounts on the site. Especially if the only purpose is to cheat on a vote. It ruins the contest for everyone.

After voiding the 5 votes from NaturalNoobie it puts him at 19 votes making jdmwannabee the YCOTM winner for November.
Wow that is weird. I was wondering who kept voting for me to make it a tie. Nobody posted anything saying they voted. Sooo... I dont know!

Now everyone is gonna think I made multiple accounts which I didn't! Oh well I dont know whats up but that is strange. Anyway, Congrats JDM!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, you may not have won but someone liked your car enough to create 5 accounts in order to make it a tie. I think that's a win within itself,lol.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Do you know who did? I just dont understand why someone would make an account to just vote for me.
well you do have a nice car...

or it was someone who does not like me, lol.. i speak my mind and that pisses people off, so there are more than a few guys on this site who do not like me..

and natural i still think your car is awesome and i wanna thank you for being a good sport about all this..

·
Registered
89 Posts
well you do have a nice car...

or it was someone who does not like me, lol.. i speak my mind and that pisses people off, so there are more than a few guys on this site who do not like me..

and natural i still think your car is awesome and i wanna thank you for being a good sport about all this..
Haha who knows! It didnt matter to me whether I won or lost anyway! Im glad you won tho! I liked your car the best out of everyone elses! Congrats, Again!

121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.