Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here at Yourcobalt.com, we currently have 4 awards that you can request to receive. Just follow the links and explain why you should receive the award in the box. You can include pictures in there also. IF you have any questions, just PM a member of the MOD staff.

Forum Veteran Award
This award is given to members who have been active for 2+ years and/or have 2000 posts.

Purple Heart Award
This award is given to members who have been in an accident with their Cobalt/Pontiac. It has been the standard the we require pictures when requesting this award.

Going the Distance Award
Awarded to members who have rolled over 100,000 miles (160,000km) on their Cobalt

Bling Bling Award
Awards given for members who have spent over $3000 on upgrades. Performance, exterior, interior, audio, etc. When requesting this award please try to include a mod list and/or pictures.

_

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Are these even active anymore? If so, where do they show at? If not, how can we get these back up and add more (I know XFE aka Mike had made a few more a while ago, but I wouldn't mind seeing these come up again). I'd like to see a way where they can be posted somewhere for other people to see them.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
this does sound sweet and adding more will be even sweeter!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You have to have an admin add them to your name everytime you attain it. Similar to when you win YCOTM. At least that is my understanding. I've seen a few people with them, I know I fall into all of those catagories except the accident one!

Adding more would be good too. Top NA, Top SC, Top TC awards. Because race car (if you race it), pimp my ride (body kits or heavy visual mods), Blinder (HID's), the list could go on and on!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
You have to have an admin add them to your name everytime you attain it. Similar to when you win YCOTM. At least that is my understanding. I've seen a few people with them, I know I fall into all of those catagories except the accident one!

Adding more would be good too. Top NA, Top SC, Top TC awards. Because race car (if you race it), pimp my ride (body kits or heavy visual mods), Blinder (HID's), the list could go on and on!
I agree, I've been looking into it, I've seen that a while ago the Moderators were able to award these, not sure if we are even allowed to still or not. That's why I was asking. I wouldn't mind making some more to put in here, but would need someone with better PS'ing skills than me to make some trophy logos for them.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Couldn't we just take some from online with creator permission. Also, doesn't Admin know how to add the awards?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I'm sure he does, I'm just not sure if he has taken the time to do so. I know I have at least one of those awards from my cobalt for sure. (I've even seen my request to get it lol) I know it's not hard to add more, just a little time consuming.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You can also have a no traction award too!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I would have been awarded that one too after putting on my 3076 lol. Shoot, I'm about to get that one with the Evo too lol!

I'm sure if these are still active, I can take some suggestions on making/adding new ones to the list and somehow showing them on the profiles or something for everyone to see. Could be something that's a little more fun.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Suggestions:
Master Mechanic: Added SC or TC (wrench logo)
Blinder: HID's installed (headlights logo)
Pimp My Ride: Addition of body kit, replacement of interior, something beyond painting your interior trim (Pimp my ride logo)
Because Race Car: If you race the car (indy car logo)
Head Banger: If you installed a system in the car (old school Boom logo like you used to see in the old looney toons cartoons.)
Socialite: 3k posts or more (Someone talking logo)
Dynosaur: If you have a dyno sheet for your car (Piece of paper with writing logo)
Free fall: Dewing your balt (Bird with spread out wings logo)
Cameleon: Change the color of your balt (lizard logo)
Naked: Debadge the car (someone covering themselves logo)
Lowrider: Get coilovers (lowrider car logo)
No mo 4x4: Suspension upgrade (monster truck logo)
Go the distance: Get 38 mpg or some distance on one tank of gas (MPG logo)Would be hard to regulate I guess.

Those are some of my ideas. I'm sure I can come up with more.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Not bad really. I'll keep those in mind for considerations. :)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^lol, I like that one!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Just letting you guys know, we MAY be getting a whole new award system up for YC. If that is the case, I'll be making sure it is setup properly as well as making sure it is managed constantly. So, when that comes, I would like to see some award ideas WITH the award logo (might want to start getting some of these PS guys busy on designing for you)! I will keep you updated, and if it goes through, I will be sure to have a post up for you guys to add your awards to.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.