Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you want to post images of your ride for everyone to see? Want to let everyone know what you've got under the hood, how fast you've run, and what awards you've won? You're in luck, we've just installed vBGarage!

For those of you who've never heard of vBGarage, it's a plugin for vBulletin that allows EVERY registered user to have a custom, personalized page where they can tell everyone else about their car and post pictures for everyone to see. Interested? I knew you would be. Follow the directions below to add your car to vBGarage.

vBGarage Directions:

- Click "User CP" from the menu at the top (or click here: http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/usercp.php)
- Click "Edit vBGarage" on the side menu (on the left)
- Fill out the form with all of the appropriate information. You're free to write whatever you want in the "Text" field but please keep it about your vehicle and please keep it family-friendly.
- To upload an image, click "Browse", select the file from your local computer, and then click "Submit". Users are allowed to upload a maximum of 6 images, each no more than 150KB.
- If you have large images that you want to post and you're using Windows XP, you can use the Image Resizer Power Toy from Microsoft. This handy, free utility lets you resize images with little more than a simple right-click. You can get the installer here.

Image Resizer Directions:

- Install the file from the link above.
- Open an Explorer window and select all of the images you want to resize.
- Right-click on one of them and select "Resize Pictures".
- Select "Medium" (800x600) or "Large" (1024x768) and then click "OK". The images you selected will now be resized and will be given new file names that include the size you selected (ex. "IMG_0845" will become "IMG_0845 (Medium).JPG"). NOTE: some images may be larger than 150KB when using the "Large" setting. If that is the case, you'll need to use "Medium" instead.

Admin added 392 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

*** For those of you that created a profile and your images aren't showing up, please delete the images from your profile, and then re-upload your images..

·
Registered
284 Posts
haha hey thats my car in the picture! damn its sexy!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Along the lines of the VB, because I assume it will play a role in this, how is the "car of the month" idea coming along? I seriously doubt I have a chance of winning it ever but I like the idea of having a little yourcobalt.com monthly car show which is what it all boils down to.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm with IMA. ^^^also in what order are the cars? I thought it was when you signed up but i regestered a lot later then most people and suddenly I shot up to the middle of the list. I've tryed to figure this out for a hours now and am stumped

·
Registered
768 Posts
I noticed you can vote more than once. can you change that? Also is it set up to be reset each month for the car of the month?

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Duffy.. I will make it so once you vote for the car, you can't vote again .. Currently.. it will only count the 1st vote.. you can vote all you want, but it wont count any other ones ..

I'm working on a way so that we can use the same voting system, but for different events.. (i.e. 1) General Voting, 2) Car of the Month, 3) etc, etc

The more people try it out, the better the code will get

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.