Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The month of July 2009 was incredible for YourCobalt.com. July 2009 saw the most new member registrations EVER. A grand total of 355 new members joined the site in ONE MONTH!

I want to thank our moderator staff for their hard work at keeping YourCobalt.com a great forum. I also want to thank all of the members of the forum for continuing to visit the site and contributing to the discussions.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Right on the site has grown dramatically!

How many people joined in february 2007? It was a lot!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
GRatz admin and mods, you guys are great, your what kept me here for years. This site really is great!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Only 202 actually
Yeah I think it was near the end of the month when everybody joined then.

Regardless.. Its nice to have the forum hoppin again!

sweeeet!

i want to thank all the members for their conduct and making this an easy site to be a moderator on!
Truth! A forum is only as good as its members! :)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I really think it has to do with the fact that alot of people are fed up with css.net and their server errors. Also cuz chevycobaltforum dot com and css was down at the same time. I like this site and yes people are nicer. But my only beef with here is that some people aren't being honest with other members about things. There was also a thread that I found here where a discussion was going on about an sts turbo and the reasons why ut was not a great setup. The thread didn't get into an efight but it was locked. Why??!! I think small efights are good for the site to get to a point where other will learn from them. It's great that 355 members have joined, but this place should ease up and be more lax in order for these new members to continue to log on and not be once in awhile members. Sometimes it's best to be brutaly honest about things. THAT'S what makes for a good forum.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I really think it has to do with the fact that alot of people are fed up with css.net and their server errors. Also cuz chevycobaltforum dot com and css was down at the same time. I like this site and yes people are nicer. But my only beef with here is that some people aren't being honest with other members about things. There was also a thread that I found here where a discussion was going on about an sts turbo and the reasons why ut was not a great setup. The thread didn't get into an efight but it was locked. Why??!! I think small efights are good for the site to get to a point where other will learn from them. It's great that 355 members have joined, but this place should ease up and be more lax in order for these new members to continue to log on and not be once in awhile members. Sometimes it's best to be brutaly honest about things. THAT'S what makes for a good forum.
I like this idea, A LOT. I went over to css and posted a thread titled "Give me harsh criticism" and you wouldn't believe the amount of responses I got.[116 to be exact.] Some were harsh and some were chill but thats what I liked. I would rather someone be like, "your ride looks like crap" and give me ideas on how to fix it than "your ride looks good" when really, they are thinking, what is this guy doing to his cobalt? Hes totally ricing it out.
So I could go for more honest as well whether it going to hurt someones feelings or whatever.

Nonetheless, this site has been awesome to me, and I couldnt have done a lot of things I've done to my car without randomly finding this forum. Thanks members.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Oh yeah you got flamed. But you got mad respect
for that thread too. One person I can't say the same for is cc08. He's one person that got flamed for no reason

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There is a difference between insulting criticism, and constructive criticism.. When you just down right insult another members car, that is in no way helping them. If you don't like what someone has done to there car, there is no need to say " you ruined your car" or "at least it wasn't an SS" Like how is that helping anybody??

Constructive criticism is saying "hey I don't like the way you did that, for these reasons.. maybe you should try this.." That way people actually have an idea of what they could do to make there car look better.

But also remember.. Some people just like there car the way they have made it. They have customized it to there liking. One of the things i like about this site, is not all the cobalts look the same! Over on CSS so many cars look identical because so many mods have become the norm. That is not customization!

The main reason I, and many others appreciate the site is because there are NO flame wars! There is no reason for them..

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
There is a difference between insulting criticism, and constructive criticism.. When you just down right insult another members car, that is in no way helping them. If you don't like what someone has done to there car, there is no need to say " you ruined your car" or "at least it wasn't an SS" Like how is that helping anybody??

Constructive criticism is saying "hey I don't like the way you did that, for these reasons.. maybe you should try this.." That way people actually have an idea of what they could do to make there car look better.

But also remember.. Some people just like there car the way they have made it. They have customized it to there liking. One of the things i like about this site, is not all the cobalts look the same! Over on CSS so many cars look identical because so many mods have become the norm. That is not customization!

The main reason I, and many others appreciate the site is because there are NO flame wars! There is no reason for them..
Yeah, I noticed this over there: Most of the Cobalts are completely clean. Nothing on them at all. Dont get me wrong, some look clean and mean as hell but with my cobalt, I chose to get the banner across the front, and the dual stripes. Not many people have them, thats why I wanted to do that.
To be different from the rest. Customize your own ride to your liking!!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
At css alot of the cars look the same cuz mostly every mods has been done. So when new members join they have a wide array of options to what they want to do to their car. Good tasteful mods. Tell me gcobalt. Dint you remove ur cobalt sticker off the windahield and remove the letters above the radio? Why? Cuz it looks better right? What's wrong with getting brutal opinions. It's up to you to ignore what opinions you may get. I guess you couldn't take it obz.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.