Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did NOT make this thread to bash anyone or the site in anyway... Voicing my opinions and hopes for 2011 and years to come....

Just in the few months I have been on here things have changed.... The attitude of a lot of people and sponsors have changed.... Just my opinion. Where is the love for these forums anymore guys? I think people that actually like the cobalts and are interested in promoting the cars and lifestyle should be in charge around here.... I have seen quite a few good suggestions be disregarded or never even commented on around here... Once again just my opinion. Either way I do enjoy getting to share stories, spec and technical info, photos, and just overall good times with everyone on here.

I choose to use this forum over other ones. When I got my cobalt I found this site and fell in love. It has helped me do a few things on my Balt and it has been of great use to me. I know I will continue to learn about my Balt and mod it with the help of this forum. EVERY single Cobalt I see and I have a chance to talk its owner I recommend this site to them if they are interested in doing anything with their cars. As owners of a line of cars that will be made no more it is on us to carry on its name. Its past, present, and future owners.

I just kinda feel like there is much more potential in this site than what I am seeing. There should be all kinds of merchandise to support it and get the word out (i.e. T-shirts, Hoodies, Hats, Decals, Calenders, DVD,s etc...), printable flyers to spread the word at car shows and meets, more regional meets with possible sponsors, yearly nationwide event, an events calender on the site, Super Chevy shows, etc... We need to spread the word both locally, regionally, and nationally. There is enough of us out there...

I know my balts not the baddest out there but I love it the same and it is constantly enjoyed. As I have money I will invest more of it into her. But for now I love her the way she is. I will continue to spread the word about the modding nation we have here and about the awesomeness of our community.

Here is to a happy and prosperous New Year YC... Lets get organized and do the damn thing.. lol

[

****Sorry if this is a useless thread to yo or if I just rambled too much...

·
Say What again!
6,036 Posts
You put it very well.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Im looking more towards the 2012, thats when i will get my car back so im hoping u motivate enough people for this year of 2011 so things will b great for the 2012 year.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BROTHER!!!! LOL:toung:

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I agree with all of the above. I want to see good responsable changes in the futures, by us members, the owners, and the mods to turn this forum back to its original greatness, I think some of us long times users for get what its like to be new to the forum thing, new to cars, new to modding, and kinda snap on the newer ones for asking dumb questions, we kind of forget the whole reason for this foruml. For us all to celebrate what we like about cobalts, and how we can educate each other on our cars. This was the first forum I joined and when I joined Chevycobaltforums, I flat out said i could never abandon the original site because they treated me so well and I learned so much. I think we need to have our new members saying the same in when they join a new forum.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with all of the above. I want to see good responsable changes in the futures, by us members, the owners, and the mods to turn this forum back to its original greatness, I think some of us long times users for get what its like to be new to the forum thing, new to cars, new to modding, and kinda snap on the newer ones for asking dumb questions, we kind of forget the whole reason for this foruml. For us all to celebrate what we like about cobalts, and how we can educate each other on our cars. This was the first forum I joined and when I joined Chevycobaltforums, I flat out said i could never abandon the original site because they treated me so well and I learned so much. I think we need to have our new members saying the same in when they join a new forum.
Well put as well man... Well put..

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
sorry my wordings a little sloppy i has a hangover

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I feel the exact same way. It is like the site is dying. But I just checked out another one and boy that one sucks bad. YC is the only one i post on. So I hope it changes.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
All cobalt sites are dying, what can you say its a canceled car that didn't have a long enough time get a huge fanbase, only we can do is try our hardest to keep the forum alive, before autoguide trys to shut the site down.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
for me it all depends on if i have my cobalt for 2011 or not. i havent had my car in 1 week :( and they still dont know whats wrong with it. it is VERY possible that they are gonna total the thing out.

but if i do have my car i am willing to contribute to this site as i have over on a smaller site. THIS site is my number 1 cobalt site i get on anymore. i dont post much cuz of work but i do troll around some.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
I can't do anything really. I have no "powers" to do anything with this site.
^^^ Everyone should remember this. We (the mods) cannot change anything on this site, or even fix any problems. We have no control aside from locking threads, moving threads, and enforcing the rules as posted.

I have personally requested that at least Mike (XFE) if not the rest of us be given access to the Admin CP (Control Panel) for this site. That is where changes can be made. The request has been ignored. They simply do not respond when asked.

The issues you have pointed out have caused just as much resentment and anger in us as it has you. This has prompted me to take the action that most of you know about. If you do not know, and want to know, PM me as I will not post it on here.

I still have love for this forum, but I admit, it's more love for the peeps than the site anymore.

No homo love of course...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.