Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking at the supercharger kit from zmpp. How hard would it be to install it and can I without needing to mod the engine internals? Of course it will be awhile before I can get the kit but just wanted to get some info on it. Thanks. Also looking to put a full exhaust and CAI on it as well

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You can buy a SC kit for probably Half of what they want on ZZP.
Just but piece by piece and you'll have it sooner or later.
Also would take around 8-10 hours to install if you have people helping you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to go turbo until I seen the price tag. Any other places to look for a sc kit on the net?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The price of a turbo kit is high for a reason. Its worth it. What are your goals for the car?

·
Registered
563 Posts
oh i know where to find a sc kit. ive got an almost complete one! $500

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i know where to find a sc kit. ive got an almost complete one! $500
OMGGGGGG I need the money for it lol. My goals for the car are GMPP intake, ZZP Header downpipe combo going into 3" ZZP Exhaust Kit then eventually SC. Other mods are 17" Wheels LED Taillights and lower on springs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2.5 is what I meant to say. Idk about the gmpp intake yet have heard mixed reviews

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
gmpp = sex. as i have one and im the master of the sex, i know

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol alright then its settled. Gmpp intake zzp header downpipe combo with zzp 2.5 inch exhaust and highflow cat then sc kit

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
and don't buy a brand new SC kit off zzp..

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thought my GMPP intake sounds sex too :D

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
No sir, not me. I keep the judging where it belongs, in court.

Since we're on the subject of aftermarket superchargers: Say for instance I get tired of being so slow and I decide to SC, what systems would I need to modify/lose in order to make it fit? Besides of course the intake. I've got the ZZP midlength header/dp sitting in my garage and the GMPP cat-back on it's way over, will those two be sufficient to run FI or would I have to rethink a few things? While we're at it, would I need to replace any drivetrain components to handle the extra power? (tranny, clutch, flywheel, axles)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.