Not open for further replies.

ZZP Exhaust Parts

Wanted: 
5K views 52 replies 5 participants last post by  Plain Jane 
#1 · (Edited)
Name: Patrick
Contact Information: Private Message

I'm looking for the following parts:

ZZP Midlength Header & Downpipe - Auto transmission size; 1.5" primaries; Catted (200 or 400 Cell)

ZZP Catback - 2.5" with resonator

ZZP Throttlebody Wire Adapter - (6 pin to 8 pin)

Turbo Tech Racing Engine Mount - For an Automatic Transmission

I'm hoping to pick up everything used. I'd like to get the header and downpipe combo for around $250, and the catback for around $225 plus any shipping costs. I'd like to pay around $20 for the throttle body adapter wire. For the engine mount, I'd like to pay around $85. Of course I'm open to negotiations.

If you have them and are open to selling them, please send me a few pictures via PM.

Just FYI, I'll probably be buying the exhaust parts about a month or two apart from each other to make sure I can still pay all my bills.

See less See more
#8 ·
Well, they've got the header/downpipe in stock, but only with a 400 cell cat. They never answered my question on whether or not they're going to make it with 200 cell cats again. I'm also kinda wanting to buy used as much as possible so I don't spend ~$900 on the exhaust. For now, I'm not in a big enough rush to harass ZZP though, haha

#9 ·
I had the 200 cell cat, bought it new before ZZP ever offered the 400. It worked fine most of the time, but did throw a P0420 every so often. The stock SS/SC cat is huge and weighs about three times as much. Can't imagine the 2.2 cat being any better, so the 200 must improve flow quite a bit (you could actually see through the honey comb core in the right light)

#11 ·
The lower the cell count, the less efficient the cat is at scrubbing harmful exhaust gasses. The tradeoff to this is improved flow and power. Since the cell count on the 200 is minimal, the O2s sometimes tell the computer that the cat is not doing its job and lights up a code. Doubling the cell count should reduce the likelihood of triggering a CEL since it'll do a better job of cleaning the air (at the expensive of added restriction).

#12 ·
That was my thought process, but I was just hoping for confirmation. Looks like I'll be getting a 400 cell cat instead because I'd really rather not have to clear CELs, even if it's only occasionally.

#17 ·
Yeah, probably. It was pretty discouraging when Trifecta quoted me at ~145whp fully bolted, so much so that I lost faith and bought the SC kit, which turned into a huge fiasco and ultimately led me to selling PJ and moving onto another platform while taking a bit financial hit square in the jaw. If it wasn't for that, I'd still be driving around in my little Laser Blue sedan and life would be good.

I have very fond memories of that car, and to this day it's still the most pleasurable little 4 banger I ever beat. I should've just bought the cams and called it a day.

#19 ·
What? Never seen those before. The cams were from TTR and only available on the '05-'06 L61 motor. They had NA stages from 1-3 and turbo/supercharger cams as well. I was obsessed with building up NA and was ready to clutch at whatever straws I could. It even got me laughed out of CSS. But the promise of 240whp on a stock motor from the demon of boost was too much for me to resist. Needless to say, boost and I are not on speaking terms lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.