Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Twincharge sounds fabulous. Been looking into it for a while. Just cant afford a big enough turbo to make it worth it.
Was going to use a k04 from a ss/tc, but after more research, id blow it up. I had a whole discussion about this on my Saturn forum. Design drawn out and everything.

Once I get my 300 goal on the stock blower, I might take the twincharge route a bit more seriously.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know. But that is to easy. Im aiming for that on the stock m62.
Ported ls4, ported blower, ported intake mani, 2.6 pulley, and meth should get me there.
Along with a lot of other mods. Its all about cooling that damn blower down. bahahah

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Twincharging sounds like a lot of fun. Also sounds expensive, lol

I've heard SC'd and TC'd Cobalts, but never a twincharged. If anyone does it, they should post some videos!

---------

Not the best of quality, but it still sounds pretty nice

Oh, and I found the video I was talking about in one of the Random Crap threads! Guy gets a ticket first time driving on his twincharged setup. Sounds like he might have some traction problems too, haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se9ry2L4bWY

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Twincharging sounds needlessly complicated, and the numbers it produces aren't very impressive. I guess the anti lag thing is cool, but they've found ways around that on turbo cars nowadays (that obnoxious backfiring crap). Must be a pita to tune too.

But it is different, and different can be good. If you can stomach the bill and complexity, then go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
You know what's even wilder than a twincharger? A twin engined build.

Throw an LNF in the back seat, hook it up to the rear wheels and make an AWD.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Then be the first ever to run a quadcharger lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.