Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, let me start out by saying I have a 2010 Cobalt SS/TC. I have GM Stage 1 and a Typhoon CAI.
I was looking at the ZZP PCM reflash, as well as the ZZP downpipe. My question is will the ZZP Reflash void my warranty? Their site says GM won't "See" the flash, but that's kind of sketchy...
Also, do you guys recommend the ZZP PCM reflash? I want my car to remain reliable, as well as gaining some significant power...

Thanks in advance guys.
Josh

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hey guys, let me start out by saying I have a 2010 Cobalt SS/TC. I have GM Stage 1 and a Typhoon CAI.
I was looking at the ZZP PCM reflash, as well as the ZZP downpipe. My question is will the ZZP Reflash void my warranty? Their site says GM won't "See" the flash, but that's kind of sketchy...
Also, do you guys recommend the ZZP PCM reflash? I want my car to remain reliable, as well as gaining some significant power...

Thanks in advance guys.
Josh
to be honest i wouldnt do any mods til your warrenty is over. but zzp seems to be the best brand of stuff for our cars so i imagine its pretty good

·
Registered
353 Posts
If you are worried about your warranty but still want more power than GMS1, spring for the second PCM that ZZP offers, and keep your stock PCM as-is with the GMS1 tune on it! GM WILL be able to see the reflash on your stock PCM when they crawl up your car’s ass if you blow an engine. After the refinance, GM has become even more aggressive in making sure expensive warranty repairs are justified. By using a second PCM, everything will look completely stock if you have to bring it in for warranty.
I speak from experience when I say the stock ZZP tune packs a serious punch compared to GMS1, you’ll like it a lot. You'll spin tires in second and third; time to get better tires than those shitty Conti stockers! If you really want tons of power, go E85 but you have to get the supporting breathing and cooling mods. E85 turns these cars into a veritable monster :D Ask me how I know :grin:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Why not do a trifecta tune? When you do the tune your stock tune is saved so you can always go back to it for warranty work.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Why not do a trifecta tune? When you do the tune your stock tune is saved so you can always go back to it for warranty work.
Because ANYTHING you do to your stock PCM WILL show up when they send it in to Detroit. At the very least they can see how many times it's been re-flashed. That's why you need to get a second PCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.