Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 2008 chevy cobalt sedan. the l61 engine. i have ordered the kit already. how much boost should i safely run with the stock internals. i do plan on putting pistons and rods in the future, then ill run a smaller pulley. but what do you guys think i can run safely until further upgrades

·
Say What again!
5,998 Posts
@Parthros can prime you on what else you will need to buy with that kit - it doesn't include everything...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Parthros can prime you on what else you will need to buy with that kit - it doesn't include everything...
any idea what it doesnt include? hopefully its just something small lol

---------- Post added at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

On an 08 I wouldn't recommend any smaller than a 3.1 pulley to be on the safe side.
thanks. i def. wanna be on the safe side. now when i upgrade my pistons an rods, how small you think i should go?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
If you go forged internals then it really depends on what other mods you plan on doing. To go any smaller than a 3.1 you really need at least a dual pass end plate and preferably an option b as well. Exhaust would also need to be upgraded at that point. Lots of other things that could be upgraded as well. I'm going to be running a 2.6 pulley but I also have probably 5k into everything that's going into it haha really depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want to get out of it

·
Registered
949 Posts
For reference, I'm just looking at my "Supercharger Build" thread.

The kit was missing:
  1. Boost/Vac Gauge
  2. Supercharger Gasket (GM Part #12584342)
  3. Lower Intake Manifold Bracket (GM Part #12586632)
  4. MAP Sensor Block Off Plate
  5. Heat Exchanger Coolant Fill Tee (Can't Find Part Number)
  6. Heat Exchanger Pump Pigtail
  7. Most of the hoses were wrong
---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

I'd definitely suggest going with the 3.1" pulley. You'll make about 11 PSI of boost, which'll translate to close to 200 whp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.