Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I Bought both the billit front and rear solid poly tranny mounts from zzp, it said it fits all cobalt applications. except it dosent fit mine when i went to put it on! I was communicateing with zzp and they havent come up with a solution i sent them pics and everything. kind of annoying. I only tried the front mount havent tried the back yet. stoped when the front dident fit.
going to try to put the rear one on tonight, the mount itself look more similar to stock then the front one did so it might fit.

Dose anyone know of any other mounts I could get for the 2.2L 2008 chevy cobalt that will work? solid poly mounts not just the inserts.??

So if u do have a 2.2L cobalt 2008 dont waste money buying the zzp ones they wont fit!. Im probbly going to have to send them back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i was the poster, i needed somthing that wasent plastic like stock ones and i wouldent be afraid of cracking under the higher HP of my finished car.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
I dont think anyone has cracked their plastic mounts by putting in the bushings, or even afterwords... They are stronger than most think.

·
Registered
344 Posts
make it so the engine doesnt shift back and forth as much, it can transfer vibes through to the cab also a little bit more noisy. but you dont get any wheel hop and you get more traction

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i think its a good upgrade, utilizes more power to the ground, get less loss out of the engine, if u can stand the vibrations, my rear one is in and it dose break in after a while but i don't mind the vibrations i actually like the feel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i have cams so mine are alot worse, but after they settle in its not too bad, not too much rattles around, but you can def feel them

·
Registered
496 Posts
are transmission mounts hard to install? whats the basic process

·
Registered
496 Posts
oh and what about engine mount btw

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
i believe turbo tech racing has a motor mount. i havent done that just yet but its on the list. it will help as well. thats just a straight bolt on mod. but you might have to use a certain intake to use it.

as for the tranny mounts (inserts), they are pretty simple to install. jack your car up, unbolt the mounts, press out the old ones and press in the new ones. if you dont have access to a press machine i think some people used a vice

·
Registered
496 Posts
i believe turbo tech racing has a motor mount. i havent done that just yet but its on the list. it will help as well. thats just a straight bolt on mod. but you might have to use a certain intake to use it.

as for the tranny mounts (inserts), they are pretty simple to install. jack your car up, unbolt the mounts, press out the old ones and press in the new ones. if you dont have access to a press machine i think some people used a vice
sweet man thx. whats a vice by the way...yes, my lack of basic knowledge is embarrassing, haha

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.