Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an exaust and it came with a silencer already in it. The guy told me to put gas in it to remove the silencer i was like "no." So i put some wd 40 substance to remove it and it didnt budge. The guy said it does come out but im not putting gas on it. Does any1 have ideas that would help me? Thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey guys, I got an exaust and it came with a silencer already in it. The guy told me to put gas in it to remove the silencer i was like "no." So i put some wd 40 substance to remove it and it didnt budge. The guy said it does come out but im not putting gas on it. Does any1 have ideas that would help me? Thanks
wtf! iv never heard of that!

my muffler has a silencer cuz my car is too loud without it...to take mine of all i have to do is unscrew the bolt that it has with an allen wrench

·
Registered
82 Posts
mine was tough to get out too, i just kept playing with it with a screwdriver and it popped right out after awhile

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya it seems stuck in there and nothing is really working, the guy said it comes out just lookin 4 ideas

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Hmmm... Ive never heard of that either, my silencer just came out after unscrewing 2 bolts.... they loosened up on me one day & it fell out as i was driving to work forever ago... oh well... i love the deep loud tone... haha, the only reason I had it in was b/c dad forced me to....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hmmm... Ive never heard of that either, my silencer just came out after unscrewing 2 bolts.... they loosened up on me one day & it fell out as i was driving to work forever ago... oh well... i love the deep loud tone... haha, the only reason I had it in was b/c dad forced me to....
"i dont know what happened dad, it doesnt sound too loud to me....":)

·
Registered
74 Posts
ha ha , my dad is making me get one

[/IMG]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Total accident lol.....NOT!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
try letting your muffler heat up and that will let the metal expand the try to use a long screw driver or some pliers or something you can get a hold of it and pull it out...just dont burn your self and dont sit there and inhale exhaust you'll feel like this>:nuts:

·
Registered
169 Posts
dude those silencers look stupid, better off getting the muffler thats hidden cause those silencers do block HP. Take out the screws get some plyers or vice grips and pull straight out. Gas or whatever would only be needed if its been in there a while and with the heat/cold changes it kind of molds itself together.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Total accident lol.....NOT!!!
haha, yeah... since dad's the five-0 i gotta listen to him fuss about my car alot... but when that fell out i was like THANK GOD i have an excuse now... i hate how silencers make them sound... :laugh:

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
hailceaser has a megan and just pulls this rusty looking resonator out its like a tube then a circle at the end that fits inside the exhaust. it just pulls right out

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks 4 the help fellas, it turns out i put some bolt loostener on and let it sit 10 minutes or so and twisted it to the right and didnt budge, so i twisted it to the left and it came out :p

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'de leave it there until you make a decision on the sound with it. If you don't like it,, remove it!

GTO 1

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.